Growing Years’ Kindergarten Program is a fully developmental program enabling your children to advance socially, emotionally, and academically at their own pace so as to be fully prepared for entrance into 1st grade.
Activities are selected to encourage the kindergarten child to think, to communicate, to participate, and to grow in a semi-structured comfortable loving atmosphere.
Our Program is based on the Creative Curriculum series along with the Weekly Reader and Scholastic Magazine to help develop creative thinking skills.
- Able to write first and last name
- Recognize upper and lower case letters
- Phonic skills
- Reading skills including:
- Sight words, blends, common word vocabulary
- Individual level reading books
- Writing skills, printing words & forming simple sentences
- Develop math concepts:
- Writing & recognition of numbers
- Addition and subtraction skills
- Computer skills
- Classification and sequencing
- Rhyming skills
- Developing listening skills
- Fine motor development
- Gross motor development
- Music Awareness/creative movement
- Small group ratio
- Monthly science units
- Creative art activities
- Several independent field trips
- Quarterly progress reports
- Graduation program and ceremony
*** There are monthly newsletters as well as email updates on the program along with progress reports that are distributed 3 times per year.