Growing Years’ Preschool Program (3-year-olds) is a fully developmental program enabling your child to advance socially, emotionally, and creatively at their own pace.
Activities are selected to encourage your child to think, to communicate, to participate, and to grow in a safe comfortable and loving atmosphere.
In our program, we incorporate monthly theme units that introduce new vocabulary and skill-building. Small group centers, along with our art, music, and storytime, are used to enhance our themes that are developed each week.
The following is a group of goals that your child will be developing throughout the year:
Social / Emotional
- To feel comfortable and safe in a group situation
- To express feelings and needs
- To begin to solve social problems with or without a teacher’s assistance
- To feel comfortable with their bodies and explore running, climbing, jumping, and other movement skills
- To begin to dress themselves
- To use pencils, markers and scissors effectively
- To manipulate small toys in an appropriate manner
- To develop the ability to focus in group situations (story, music, small group time)
- To develop the ability to choose an activity and work on it for an appropriate length of time
- To develop language and conversational skills
- To develop memory skills (stories, songs, shapes, and games)
- To recognize, spell and write their own name
- To learn counting and number recognition skills (1-10)
*** There are monthly newsletters as well as email updates on the program along with progress reports that are distributed 3 times per year.